The command-lines can be obtained in two main ways. Since the command-lines change and are adjusted depending on what version you are using, listing them would be problemmatic. The following methods provide you the command-line being used for the version you are using, for any of the plug-ins.
I. Viewing the command-line in the console
This methods works for some of the plug-ins, but not for all of them. If you cannot find the command-line using this method, move on to method 2.
- In the Symantec Management Console go to Manage > All Resources.
- Browse under Default > All Resources > Software Component > Software Release.
- In the upper right of the right-hand pane, use the search feature to find the plug-in you are interested in knowing the command-line for.
- Right-click on the Plug-in component, go to Actions > Edit Software Resource.
- The command-lines are listed in the Command Line section. Use the applicable one.
II. Viewing the command-line from an Agent
Some command lines are not listed in the software component due to how the code determines what to include based on platform and OS type. In these cases it is easiest to obtain the command-line by looking at a local agent who has received the policy.
- On the local system, open the Agent UI by double-clicking on the sys-tray icon or by executing AeXAgentActivate.exe.
- Under the Software Delivery tab, on the left side under Options, click the option for Show Expired Packages.
- In the list of software in the upper-right pane, find the install policy for the desired plug-in and double-click on it.
- Click the details tab and look for the Command line.
NOTE: You may need to view the command-line this way more than once if the OS type and platform are different, as the command-lines may differ.