What are the definitions for the Revise Software Update Policies on the Microsoft Patch Management Import?
The following outlines the purpose for the Revise Software Update Policies settings:
- Automatically revise software update policies after Patch Management Import:
- When Microsoft revises an update it alters the file and Patch Management sees this as a ‘new’ update.
- The update advertisement, found on the Console > Manage > Policies > Software > Patch Management > Software Update Policies > Microsoft > Software Update Policy > Advanced Tab, is disabled to allow for testing of this ‘new’ file
- The advertisement will need to be enabled to proceed with rollout of the revised update
- Enable distribution of newly added software updates:
- Enabling this will bypass the disable feature of the revised update policy
- This will be trusting Microsoft and allowing for a non-tested update to be rolled out to the environment based on the already created Software Update Policy