Altiris™ Real-Time Console Infrastructure provides real-time out-of-band and in-band management infrastructure to other Altiris solutions. The real-time management technologies that Real-Time Console Infrastructure supports include WMI, ASF, Intel® AMT, DASH, IPMI, and SNMP.
Real-Time Console Infrastructure lets you add a custom view to the Resource Manager's Real-Time view. For example, you can add the sample Linux OpenWSMan view that is included with Real-Time Console Infrastructure.To install and configure the sample Linux OpenWSMan view perform the following steps:
To install WS-Management server on the Linux computer
You can install SBLIM providers in the following two ways: search ready RPM or install from sources.
In you want to install from sources, here are some tips that can help you configure the providers:
- Get sources from SVN or download the source “tarball”
- Run ./configure
- Run make
- Run make install (if all OK you should have a set *.so libraries in the project’s root or .libs folder)
- Run ./provider-register.sh –v –t sfcb –r mof/[provider-name].register –m mof/[provider-name].mof (for example: ./provider-register.sh –v –t sfcb –r mof/Linux_Service.register –m mof/Linux_Service.mof)
- Copy the *.so library files that you need from the root or .lib folder into /usr/lib/cmpi
- Read README and INSTALL in the case if there are any problems.
- Be ready to fix the MAKE file, for example add LINKER or COMPILER options if needed.
- To know more about the provider-register.sh, can run it with the –h parameter. This script copies .mof and .register files into the repository folder of the SFCB CIM server, namely into the /var/lib/sfcb/stage/mof/[name-space] and /var/lib/sfcb/stage/regs folders. After that, the SFCB server is stopped and repository rebuild is running. Repository folder is /var/lib/sfcb/registration/repository. After that the SFCB server is started again.
- The providers that are used in this sample have special mof files – [provider-name]Registration.mof (for example: Linux_ServiceRegistration.mof) - for registration by OpenPegasus (another implementation of CIM Server). In the case of SFCB (our case) is need manual registration and copy of the libraries.
- The names of required libraries can be found from the .registration and .mof files. CIM server can’t get data without these provider’s libraries in known directory.
To install the Linux OpenWSMan sample view
To configure the connection profile.
To connect to the target computer using the Real-Time view.