Is it possible to configure an e-mail notification for Heartbeat failure alerts?
While there isn't a built-in option with Monitor Solution for Heartbeat notifications, you can accomplish this goal via an Event Console Task Rule.
- In the Console, access: Home > Monitoring and Alerting > Event Console > "Alert Rule Settings"
- Choose the "Task Rules" tab, then "Add". This will create a new Task Rule for incoming alerts
- Click on the title to rename the new Task Rule (e.g. "Heartbeat Rule")
- Under the "Rule" section, choose "Add", then "Alert category"
- Configure this new Rule condition for: "if Alert category" "equals" "Heartbeat"
- Create a second Rule condition by choosing "Add", then "Alert severity"
- Configure this new Rule condition for: "if Alert severity" "equals" "Critical"
- Then choose an appropriate Task to occur when this new Alert Rule's criteria is met. For this example, we'll create a new e-mail task by choosing "New" under the Task Rule's "Task" section
- In the "Create New Task" window, choose "Send E-mail"
- Enter the following information for the new Send E-mail Task:
For the first field, enter a name for the new task (e.g. "Heartbeat E-mail")
To: [enter appropriate e-mail address(es). If left blank, it will use the default Notification Server e-mail address]
Subject: Heartbeat Critical Alert: %!ALERTHOSTNAME!%
For the message body, enter: Heartbeat Critical Alert occurred for: %!ALERTHOSTNAME!% at %!ALERTTIMESTAMP!% (GMT)
- Choose "OK", enable the Task Rule, then "Save"
The following is a list of all available Event Console Task Rule tokens (they are not case-sensative):