NOTE: In the instructions below where it shows Menu/XXXXX, we mean press the menu button on the phone and then select the suggested option.
- Go to the TouchDown home screen and press Menu/Diagnostics
- Check the box titled "Log Next operation"
- Perform the action in which you are receiving your error. Wait a few moments so we can get enough data.
- Go to Menu/Diagnostics (this may take a long time to load).
- On the Last operation Log box, press down long enough to get the copy/paste menu and choose Select All and then Copy or select the Copy box on the right.
- Open up Gmail (or another email account you have configured on the device) and create an email to yourself, then paste the contents of the clipboard on to the message body and send it (long touch again to paste).
- When you receive the email, please mask out any PASSWORDS (if using Exchange 2003, your password may appear in a URL, so please search for it and mask it).
- Email the sanitized log to us at [email protected] and be sure to reference your issue.
- After you send the log to us, go to the diagnostic view and UNCHECK Log Next Operation..
For those with devices that truncate the log file when copying and pasting (Primarily Samsung devices), update to the current Touchdown release and use the copy button (do not long press and select copy) in diagnostics. Create a new file in your Word document editor on the phone (Polaris Office or any other Word document editor) and send the file to us as an attachment.