Follow the steps below in order to resolve the issue:
- Open the service console from Start --> Run --> Services.msc
- Right click on Symantec management client service and select properties.
- Click on the dependencies TAB.
- Check if there are any services listed under "The service depends on the following system components"
- If the services are listed it needs to be deleted from the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\SERVICES\SmcService
- Take the back up of the registry by right click on the registry key value and select export.
- Delete the string value DependOnService
- Reboot the machine and Symantec Management Client service should start automatically.
This issue occurs because the manually started services have a circular dependency chain, for example, service A depends on service B which depends on service C which depends on service A. To resolve this issue, remove the circular dependency.