***NOTE**** Both Recover /D and /B attempt to decrypt the disk. The only difference is that /B allows the use of a copy of a system-specific key that has been backed up on the Management Server. If you have already run /D successfully, but the system is still not accessible for some reason, do NOT run /B as it will attempt to decrypt the volume again.
The Policy Administrator creates the DAT file by exporting a Client Computer’s data from the database. For this reason, Recover /B is not available for computers that do not check in with the SEE Management Server.
- In the SEE Management Server Console, browse to "Symantec Endpoint Encryption Users and Computers" > "Active Directory Computers" > Forest > Domain > Computers.
- Select the affected computer.
- Click on "Recover".
- Enter the SEE Management password.
- Enter the Recover Access password that will apply to the file when you create it.
- Save the DAT file on a memory stick and copy to the affected system.
- Use the Recovery CD to boot the affected system.
- Select the option button for recover /B. Browse to the DAT file. You will be prompted for the Recovery Password associated with the DAT file.
SEE-FD Client Administrator Guide P. 27-28.