- Temporarily stop the Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) services and then attempt to delete the files.
- Reboot into Safe Mode and attempt to delete files.
The folder "i2_ldvp.tmp" is used as a temporary location for the files which are getting extracted during a scan.
The files located in that folder should be automatically deleted as soon as scan completes.
Reasons for files not being automatically deleted after the scan include the following:
- The scan didn’t complete successfully.
- There was not enough hard disk space for SEP to extract the file.
- Rights and permissions for this (And other) folders have been modified from Microsoft default.