Recommendations to prevent this issue:
- do not interrupt the migration wizard
- the database must be running during a migration, only the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager service must be stopped during the migration process
- the disaster recovery procedure must be applied using the same SEPM release of the damaged installation
To resolve this issue you must re-synchronize the database with the console by applying one of these solutions:
- Browse to C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\bin\ and launch Upgrade.bat. Follow the on-screen prompts in the Upgrade Wizard Panel and once it has completed attempt to login to the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager and verify that the error is no longer received
- Run setup.exe again from the installation CD of the new Symantec Endpoint Protection build, and allow the manager and database to migrate.
Test the migration by opening the manager, once the installation completes
- Repair the SEPM installation in Add/Remove Programs and run the Management Server Configuration Wizard if it the repairing will not automatically run it.
Microsoft Windows operating systems family.