How to test the e-mail notification feature in the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Console.
Article ID: 177888
You have configured e-mail notifications in the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Console and want to test if they are working properly.
Login to the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Console
- Click on the Monitors tab
- Click on the Notifications tab
- Click on the Notification Conditions button
- Click on the Add option and select Authentication failure
- Type a name for the notification
- Select Failure type as Occurrences on a single server
- Specify 1 occurrence within 1 minute
- Specify the e-mail address that needs to be notified
- Click OK and log off from the SEPM console
- Attempt to login to the SEPM console with a wrong password
- You will receive an Authentication failure error and a notification will be sent out to the e-mail address specified in the notification that you configured earlier.
- If you do not receive an e-mail then you may want to check your Mail Server settings in the SEPM console and verify they are correct.