How to configure SMG:
To obtain virus definition updates from a LAN host
- In the Control Center, goto (Malware -> LiveUpdate).
- Check "Enable automatic updates on the following schedule".
- Under Source, click "Download virus definitions from a LAN host". (NOTE: If you download virus definitions from a LAN host, LiveUpdate uses a proxy only if you specify one here under "Use a proxy").
- In the Address field, type the address of the LAN host. (NOTE: This must be a URL, not a host name).
- In the Username field and Password field, type the user name and password, if required to access the LAN host.
- If you use a proxy server, check "Use a proxy".
- In the Proxy host field, type a valid host name.
- In the Proxy port field, type a valid port number.
- In the Username field and Password field, type the user name and password if they are required to access the proxy host.
- Click Save.
How to configure LUA utility:
After you have properly configured your internal LiveUpdate server, make sure you select to download the proper antivirus definitions type by following these steps:
- Locate and double-click "Symantec Antivirus Virus Definitions"
- Under "Language of Updates" select "English".
- Locate and select "Virus definitions for SMS SMTP v5 on x86-redhat7.2".
Refer to the LiveUpdate Administrator's Guide for more information about how to set up a LAN host.