These instructions also apply to the older product, Symantec AntiVirus (SAV) for Linux, but the smcd daemon is present only in SEP. Note that Linux commands are case sensitive.
- Stop the SEP Linux daemons (stopping symcfg will also stop rtvscand and smcd)
- Clear the virusdefs and /tmp folders:
- Check the /tmp folder at file system root and remove any tmpjlu*.lck or jlucache.xml files.
- Navigate to the antvirus definitions directory /opt/Symantec/virusdefs
- In virusdefs remove any tmp* folders, numbered folders (e.g. 20150528.006), lulock.dat, definfo.dat, and usage.dat.
- The only things remaining in virusdefs should be the following 3 empty folders; re-create them if necessary and remove their contents:
- Download and run the Intelligent Updater shell script. Please refer to the following publicly available document for assistance in this process: How to update a Linux-based computer with Intelligent Updater definitions
- Start the SEP Linux daemons:
/etc/init.d/symcfgd start (The daemon symcfgd must be started before rtvscand will start)