Convert the managed client to unmanaged by replacing the sylink.xml from the SEP folder located under CD1 folder.
- Enable the Client Control mode for any one managed client ( by default it is server control) from the SEPM.
- Now copy the serdef.dat file from this client: the default locations is "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection"
- Go to the Affected client.
- Stop the SMC service.
- Replace this serdef.dat file with the existing serdef.dat file on the affected client.
- Start the SMC service.
- Now all the icons and default settings for unmanaged client will be enabled.
Two registry pieces need to be verified to determine the exact status of Network Threat Protection.
1. In the registry, check the value at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\SMC\smc_engine_status. If it's 0 (zero) NTP is disabled, if it's 1 (one) NTP is enabled.
NOTE: If the NTP component is not installed, the smc_engine_status value will continue to show a value of 1.
2. If the NTP component is not installed, the Teefer2 registry Key will not be present at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Teefer2.