To verify this setting, or to make adjustments to it, follow this procedure:
- Open the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.
- Click the Clients tab.
- For any group, on the right hand side, select the Policies tab.
- In the Location-independent Policies and Settings, click General Settings.
- On the General Settings screen, click the Tamper Protection tab.
- Verify the option labeled "Protect Symantec security software from being tampered with or shut down."
If this is enabled, the option to stop the Symantec Management Client service (smcservice) from service control manager will be unavailable. If it is disabled, stopping smc from the service control manager is allowed.
Note: This setting will apply to all clients in the group because it is a location independent setting.