- Remove existing SPE .slf files, except SSE-CSAPI-License.slf from the Symantec Shared folder.
- 32-bit: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Licenses"
- 64-bit: C:\ProgramData\Symantec Shared\Licenses"
- Linux: /opt/Symantec/Licenses
- SSE-CSAPI-License.slf is required for SPE to function. This file must remain intact.
- Not all files in the above folders may be related to SPE. Verify each license file by opening the .slf file with a plain text editor before removal.
- Install correct license. Follow the instructions appropriate for your situation:
Install without GUI:
- Place the new .slf file in the location from above
- Restart the symscan service
Install from GUI
- Click System > License > Install License in the GUI.
- Click the Browse button to select the correct license file.
- Click Install to install the license.
If the license information does not show up immediately, restart the SPE service. If the service restart does not update the license information, please contact technical support for further assistance.