The following are the system requirements for Windows 2000 Server/Server 2003:
- Windows Server 2000 SP4
- Windows Server 2003 (32-bit), any version
- Pentium 4 processor 1 GHz or higher
- 500 MB of hard disk space
Note: 500 MB is the bare minimum space requirement. Depending on the components that are licensed, bigger volume of hard disk space will be required. For example, if 'URL/DDR Filtering' is licensed, Symantec Scan Engine will download URL Definitions and the 'URLListLookup' folder itself will grow to a size of several hundreds of megabytes.
- 1 network interface card (NIC) running TCP/IP with a static IP address
- Internet connection to update definitions
- J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0 Update 6 or later (within the version 5 platform) installed
Note: JRE 5.0 Update 6 is provided on the product CD in the following folder: Java\Win2K
- Internet Explorer 6.0 with the latest service pack
- Mozilla Firefox 1.5 (Scan Engine 5.1.2 or later required)
Supported browsers are those browsers which may be used to view the web interface of Scan Engine 5.1.