Error During Installation
There were errors during installation. The following product(s) failed during install (unless otherwise noted, components of those products that were installed before the error were rolled back):
Symantec Management Platform (7.0.3876)
In addition, the following install(s) were not run because of dependencies upon products that failed to install:
You may see messages like this on the installation logs:
Date: 5/8/2009 1:48:18 PM
Tick Count: 9859859
Host Name: ServerName
Process: SymantecInstallationManager (7332)
Thread ID: 20
Description: Cannot install Migration (7.0.4000) (product install GUID 3262257f-ac56-412b-bcf5-f74bbf3dbab3) because it depends on a product that failed to install or was skipped (product install GUID 9cbc64bb-0fe4-4615-a6d2-add4dcfe018f).
1. Verify how far the NS7 installation went. Check if virtual directories under the Default Web site (under IIS Manager) were created. As well directories under ..\Program Files\Altiris
2. Try to run a repair on NS7 using SIM7. Open SIM7 (under Start>All Programs>Altiris>Symantec Installation Manager>Symantec Installation Manager). When the SIM7 interface loads, check if Symantec Management Platform 7.0 appears under the 'Installed Products' list. If that is the case, select it and click on 'Repair'
3. If the repair doesn't work or if Symantec Management Platform 7.0 doesn't appear as an installed product, try finding the altiris_ns_7_0_x86.msi file (under ..\Program Files\Altiris\Symantec Installation Manager\Installs\Altiris) and right-click on it and select 'Repair'.
4. If after running a repair on the altiris_ns_7_0_x86.msi file (or you may got a message saying that a repair only is allowed on products that are currently installed, then you should select 'Install' on the previous step) you don't see Symantec Management Platform 7.0 as an installed product on SIM7, then try to identify what else has been installed for NS7. Download the attached file (myuninst.zip) and run the free tool called 'MyUninstaller' (myuninst.exe). It should display all the components that are installed on your server. Sort by Company and you should see all the 'Altiris' applications. Right-click>Uninstall Selected Software on each component with version 7.0.x that you can find that is associated to NS7. Some may not be removed by this tool but those should be few.
5. After removing the previous installed components from the failed installation, try to install one more time the Symantec Management Platform 7.0 using SIM7. This time the installation should finish and should create virtual directories, folder structures and necessary entries.
Symantec Management Platform 7.0 (7.0.3876) + SP1 (7.0.4739) + H1
Symantec Installation Manager 7.0.354 (SIM7)