When executing a Managed Delivery Job, error: Failed to execute policy - nameofjob - Computername
After scheduling a Managed Delivery Job, an error appears in the a.log.
Process: w3wp (ID)
Thread ID: X
Description: Failed to execute policy - <name of policy> - <Guid of Resource>. Reason: The specified resource failed to obtain a Software Management License. Either Software Mangement Solution Agent is not installed on it or if installed, the inventory is yet to be updated on the server, Product <Guid of the Software Management Solution>)
Either a license is not available for the target system or the Software Management Solution Plug-in has not been installed. If the license has been installed it is likely the second cause of the Plug-in not being installed.
For the License Issue:
1. Launch the Symantec Installation Manager (SIM)
2. click on the link Add/Update licenses to check the current status.
If it looks OK, move on to the secondary Resolution below.
For the Plug-in Issue:
1. Ensure that the target systems have the Software Management Solution Plug-in installed.
2. Double-click on the Altiris Agent icon and clicking the Settings button.
Note: Don't mistake the Software Management Framework Agent as the Software Management Solution Agent. Both must be installed.
3. The policy to install the Solution agent is found under Settings > All Settings > Agent/Plug-ins > Software > Software Management > Windows.
4. Enable the Install and Upgrade policies.
Title: Error: Failed to execute policy TECH175028
Notification Server 7.0
Software Management Solution 7.0x