Error “\bin\Launcher.dll failed to register. HRESULT-2147220473 Contact your support personnel"
Article ID: 176771
Workspace Streaming (formerly AppStream)
I received the error "\bin\Launcher.dll failed to register. HRESULT-2147220473 Contact your support personnel."
This error message is displayed when the Launcher.dll does not register automatically. The AWE Launch Server might not be running on the client computer.
- Launcher.dll isn’t registered properly.
- AppStream Service isn’t registered.
- Register the .dll manually by running the following command:
C:\Program Files\AppStream\WindowsClient\bin>regsvr32 Launcher.dll
- Verify that Application Manager service is registered under "services":
- Go to Start > Run.
- Type in services.msc.
- Check if AWE Application Manager is registered and started.