Facebook Chat / Messenger is blocked by the policy in Group B in portal.threatpulse.com
The user navigates to Facebook.com and opens messenger.
When opening chat an error message states "Chat is currently unavailable" however when sending a message the recipient will still receive the message.
The sender will not receive any response from the recipient if they reply.
"Chat is currently unavailable"
Web Security Service
Outbound actions can only be in Group A content policy (Sent messages)
Inbound actions can be in either Group A or Group A content policy (Received messages)
Apply the following Web Security Service (WSS) block policy to Group A
1. Login to portal.threatpulse.com
2. Navigate to Solutions > Content Filtering > Policy
3. Add Rule
4. Add Sources: Choose user(s) and/or group(s) you wish to block from messenger/chat
5. Add Destinations > Domain/URL > add the below URL's and save
6. Verdict > Block
7. At the top of the page select "Move to Group A"
8. Save the rule
9. Activate the rule
See TECH250104 for limits and actions of content filtering