Upgrade the SSL Visibility Appliance running 4.x versions
Article ID: 176125
SSL Visibility Appliance Software
- This article describes the two-step process required to upgrade an SSL Visibility appliance that is running the 4.x versions.
- For information regarding migrating from a 3.x unit to a 4.x unit, reference the "Upgrading the SSL Visibility Appliance" section of the latest release notes.
To upgrade the SSL Visibility software you'll first need to download the software image from the Symantec Network Protection Downloads section.
- Navigate to support.broadcom.com
- Login with your credentials.
- Navigate to Downloads > Software Downloads
- Select SSL Visibility, choose your model and select your desired version.
NOTE: The SSL Visibility appliance supports only one upgrade method in the 4.x version vs the three that are available in the 3.x versions.
- .bcsi - Updates the main partition; includes only the changes from one version to the next, all data and configurations are retained, applied through the WebUI.
To upgrade via WebUI, login, then go to the Top Right Hostname > System Images
Choose your file and the process will start, when finished the device will prompt for a reboot.
NOTE: You can also download the image directly from our support page here if you have the full URI. However, it is recommended that you download the image and use the upload function.