Login to portal.
Go to Policy>Content Filtering
Click on Add Rule.
The available options can be customized during the rule creation process
- Source. Depending on the current authentication being used for the account. The source can be changed from either IP addresses, Users and/or Groups, Locations, Geolocalization and access methods such as Mobile Devices or WSS agents.
- Destination. All the following items can be a destination:
- IP/Subnets and URLs/Domains: You might have a need to trigger policy when the destination is a specific server, such as a testing server, or a specific URL path.
- Category: Policy applies when the request is for websites that belong to a specific content category. The Symantec Global Intelligence Network (GIN) continuously rates and classifies websites as they come online.
- Web Application: Policy applies when the request is for one or more of the thousands of web applications the Web Security Service detects. This is also known as a Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) discovery and policy solution.
- Content and Limits. The following content and limits can be set:
- Schedule: If you set a schedule, the rule applies only on the specified days and during the specified hours. For example, you might want certain content restriction rules to apply only during core business hours.
- Browser: Your company might elect to employees to use the most recent versions or even one specific browser vendor.
- File Type: Trigger the rule if the request is for specific types of files, such as Databases or Audio and Music.
- Actions: When paired with Web Application Destinations, you can provide a robust, granular policy. For example, you might allow access to various social networking sites, but want to prevent the uploading or downloading of photos and videos for specific applications.
- Verdict. The verdict can be set to Allow or Block. Each verdict has its own option for Allow with coaching and for Block being password override. There is also an option to redirect to another page.
- Allow Coaching: Before allowed content access, users must click a message that acknowledges their request for such content and that they understand their web activities are monitored. You can also change the interval between coaching message re-displays.
- Block: Password Override: You can specify a password that you can distribute to users who request access to blocked content. You can also change when the coaching message re-displays.
- Redirect: In addition to blocking access to the content, you can enter a URL that redirects users to a specific web resource. For example, when a user attempts to browse inappropriate content, redirect them to an internal web page that describes your corporate web use guidelines.
Once the rule configuration is done click on Add Rule.
After all the steps are completed click on activate to confirm the rule creation.