Manually install the Dagent on a client machine for GSS 3.x
Article ID: 175232
Ghost Solution Suite
Install a Dagent manually on a client machine you are having troubles pushing a agent install to from the GSS console.
- On the client machine, you would like to install an agent on open file explorer
- Manually navigate to the GSS server (you should be able to do this by name or IP).
- \\<server name or IP>\eXpress\Agents\AClient
- The Dagent installer for both 64 bit and 32 bit is usually located near the bottom of the folder.
- dagent.msi is the 32-bit installer
- dagent_x64.msi is the 64-bit installer
- Make sure the correct ‘IP Address’ is entered in the IP address box for your GSS server.
- The port should be Port 402 by default.
- Once installed the agent icon should appear in the system tray, unless you have selected for it to be hidden.
- The machine should appear in the GSS console. This can take several minutes depending on your layout and network speed/traffic.
Manually Install the Dagent on a client machine GSS 3.pdf