How to gather a SAML trace
Article ID: 175051
Cloud Secure Web Gateway - Cloud SWG
CASB Security Advanced
CASB Gateway Advanced
You need to gather a SAML trace using either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
SAML Chrome Panel
To get SAML Chrome Panel:
- Open a Google Chrome Browser
- Navigate to the Chrome Web Store.
- Search for “SAML Chrome Panel”
- Click Add to Chrome > Add extension
- Enable the SAML extension to work in Incognito Mode
- Select Extensions > SAML Chrome Panel > Manage Extensions
- Select On All Sites and enable Allow in incognito
- Open an incognito tab and disable "Block third party cookies"
- Access Chrome developer tools by right clicking and selecting Inspect
- Once the SAML Chrome Panel extension has been added, a SAML tab should be visible within this tool.
To obtain a SAML Trace with Chrome Panel:
- Open a new incognito window
- Open the developer tools and select the SAML tab
- Navigate to the website that uses SAML and duplicate the issue.
- Once results have been captured, click export in the upper Right Corner of the tool:
- Results will be exported in a JSON format.
Firefox or Chrome
- Download and add the SAML-tracer tool
- Open SAML-tracer by clicking the small orange button in the top-right corner
- Navigate to the website that uses SAML and duplicate the issue
- Identify SAML entries by the orange "SAML" label
- Export the entire SAML trace using "None" as the cookie-filter profile