This document explains how you can resolve a Subsystem Analyzer PSA0302 DATASTORE DATASET IS FULL message by creating a new, bigger Datastore.
The following steps can be taken to create a bigger Datastore and resolve a PSA0302 DATASTORE DATASET IS FULL message:
- If you're using the Datastore to run a collection, stop the collection
- Create a new, Temporary datastore. You can use the PSADSALC Batch job. A sample of it can be found in <High.Level>.CDBASRC. Or, you may choose to use the SS Analyzer Create Datastore Display. This screen can be accessed by:
- Choosing Option 4 (Initialize SSID collection) from the Subsystem Analyzer Main Menu
- Setting the Create Datastore ==> prompt to 'Y' on the Initialize SS Analyzer Collection screen
- In your <High.Level>.CDBASRC, you'll find a member named PSADSCPY. Use this job to copy your Old Datastore into your Temporary Datastore
- Select option 2 on the CA-Subsystem Analyzer Main Menu (SSID historical interval data). Verify that the data on the Temporary Datastore looks OK. If so, delete your Old Datastore
- Re-create your old Datastore. If possible, allocate it in an Extended Addressability (EA) SMS class. This will enable your Datastore dataset to span across multiple volumes if your Datastore Dataset exceeds the 4 Gig VSAM limit
- Using the PSADSCPY job, copy your Temporary Datastore into the Datastore that you created in step 5
- Verify that the data on the New Datastore looks OK. If so, delete your Temporary Datastore
- Restart your collection.