Symantec Network Boot Services (PXE and BDSDP) fail to start. NBS service status displays "Critical" with error message "The system cannot find the file specified"
The Symantec Network Boot Service (PXE and BSDP) service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.
BSDP enabled under NBS settings
If MAC clients are not included in the environment then we can disable BSDP by following the screen shot below :
If MAC clients are included in the environment, then follow below mentioned steps :
Enable Network File System (NFS):
1. Add the Server Role "Server for NFS" under File and Storage Services > File and iSCSI Services.
The documentation to enable shows a different path based on Server 2008 that appears to no longer exists, so my above instructions do not mirror the following:
To Enable Network File System (NFS):
1. Open Server Manager on NBS Server
2. Open Roles > File Services
3. Add Role Services
4. Select "Services for Network File System"
5. Click Install and wait for the process to complete.