Emails can be blocked utilizing Data Protection policies located within ClientNet. Please follow the steps below:
Create a new policy to block emails
- Log in to the Symantec.cloud console.
- Navigate to Services > Data Protection.
- If you have not used the service before, you may need to click Settings and configure your default settings.
- Click New Policy.
- Define the policy as follows:
- Name: Block emails based on subject line
- Description: This field is optional.
- Apply to: Inbound/Outbound or both.
- Execute If: ALL rules are met
- Action: Block And Delete
- Administrator email: Leave as default or customize as necessary.
Note: Administrator addresses are exempt from all Data Protection policies, so emails to this address will not be blocked and deleted.
Create a rule to search keywords
- Click Add Rule.
- Give the rule a name.
- Add the condition Content - Keyword List.
- Click Create a new Keyword List.
- In the Add list items box, specify the keywords and click Add.
- Save List.
- Under "Look in", check: Subject
- Under Email contains, select: a number of matches for the keywords in the selected lists
- Click Save to save the policy.
- On the list of policies, find the newly created policy.
Note: The new policy will be at the end of the list. If you have many policies already, the new policy may be on a different page.
- Check the box to the left of the policy name, click Move, and move the policy to the first position. This will make the policy the first one checked, before all others.
- Click Activate to enforce the new policy and allow approximately one hour to propagate.
For more information regarding Data Protection Policies, please see the following articles:
Creating an Email Data Protection policy - process overview
Email Data Protection best-practice settings