How to prevent the Workflow Task Service Type to be in status "Not Active" on a Change Order
Article ID: 17400
SUPPORT AUTOMATION- SERVER
CA Service Desk Manager - Unified Self Service
CA Service Management - Asset Portfolio Management
CA Service Management - Service Desk Manager
When a new Change Order has a Category which contains a Service Type assigned to the Workflow Tasks, the Status Delay for this Service Type show as "Not Active".
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a new Service Type (or edit an existing one);
- To the new Service Type, add a new Service Type Event with Object Type "Workflow Task" in the 'Change Order Tasks' Tab;
- Next step is to edit an existing or create a new Category and in the 'workflow' Tab, add a new Workflow Task (i.e. 'Approval');
- Click on the Task 'Approval' to Edit it;
- Set the new Service Type created on step 1 to the Approval Task and save the Category;
- Open a new Change Order and set the Category from step 3 and save it;
- Go to the Change Order Detail, in 'Additional Information' > 'Workflow Task' Tab you can see the 'Approval' Task set to the Category Service Type;
- Click on the 'Approval' task;
- The unexpected behavior is that in the Task detail, the 'Delay Status' is as 'Not Active'.
The CLASSIC_SLA_PROCESSING option is 'Installed'.
Clarity Service Management 17.2
Clarity Service Management 17.1
To change this behavior and make the Workflow Task Service Type active, do the following:
- Check if the option in Options Manager, 'classic_sla_processing' is as 'Installed';
- Uninstall this option and restart the Service Desk Services;
- The behavior will change and the next Change Order will show the 'Delay Status' as 'In Progress' in the Task Detail;
- This way the Service Type for WF Tasks will be processed.