Force a client to send application metering data
Article ID: 173394
Software Management Solution
- Application Metering data is normally collected and stored on a client computer and then is sent to the NS after a period of 24 hours.
- For troubleshooting Application Metering there is a way to force the client computer to send its collected application metering data immediately.
- Open regedit on the client computer
- Find the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Altiris\Altiris Agent\AMAgent\MeteringInventoryLastSent
- Note for ITMS 7.6 and lower, the key is located at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Altiris\eXpress\NS Client\MeteringInventoryLastSent
- The registry key should contain a date, edit the data and set it to a date that is over 24 hours in the past
- Watch the registry key for a minute and refresh, the date should automatically update to a new date, indicating that Application Metering data has been sent to the NS
- Confirm that the NS shows the new Application Metering data, such as in the Executable Usage report: Reports > Software > Application Metering > Executable Usage