Support for Schemeless URLs
- Previously the Click-time Protection Service only supported URLs starting with certain URL schemes (eg, HTTP and HTTPS).
- With our new update the Click-time Protection service will now support for URLs starting with a www. prefix (eg www.symantec.com)
- This behaviour brings our Click-time Protection Service behaviour in line with those of the Outlook mail clients URL detection capabilities.
New Click-time Reporting Functionality
- In the ClientNet Portal under the Click-time Incidents page we have added a Recipient column to make it easier to see who it was sent to.
- We will display the first 3 recipients as default in this column. You can click on it to see a full list of Envelope To recipients and you have the option to copy to clipboard as well which when pasted to a notepad would give you a comma separated list.
- We have also added a new detailed report Click-time Protection report within the Reports section of the ClientNet Portal.
- Contains all click activity including: URL Access Date (includes time), Time Zone, Domain, Email Subject, To, From, Original URL (that was SQURL’d), Threat Category and Action
- Previously only events that triggered detection were logged. With the new enhancement we will now log all events.
New Shorter Re-Written URLs
- Previously our longer re-written URLs (SQURLs), due to their length and complexity, could sometimes cause issues with formatting and line breaks as well as other issues.
- As part of these enhancements we will be introducing new shorter re-written URLs which will address these issues.
- These new SQURLs will be Base 58 encoded, include no non-alpha numeric characters and no ambiguous characters and will be approximately 5 times shorter than before.