What features does an EMM integration provide?
When Appthority MTP is integrated with an EMM using the Appthority EMM Connector, you get the benefits of both systems:
- Data synchronization for managing and remediating mobile threats
- App inventory
- Device inventory
- Per-device details about the operating system version and Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) for iOS devices.
- App & Device Policy violation information
- Compliance enforcement and remediation escalation
- Appthority MTP communicates with the EMM system to identify devices that are not compliant with mobile security policies. EMM-driven compliance enforcement actions can be triggered based on these policy violations.
- Appthority MTP provides optional remediation information and actions directly to mobile devices with the MTP Mobile App. This allows device owners to "self-remediate" based on the suggested or required actions for removing the threat. Threats that are not resolved through this direction action can be optionally escalated to the EMM for more aggressive enforcement actions.
What is required to integrate an EMM with Appthority MTP?
To integrate an EMM with Appthority MTP, you need the Appthority EMM Connector. Depending on your EMM deployment or IT infrastructure, you can deploy the connector either:
- On Cloud, managed by Appthority.
- On-premises, managed by your IT team.
After the connector is deployed, you perform set of configuration steps in both Appthority and in the EMM console.
In the Help see Integrate and Sync with an EMM.
What are the requirements for the on-premises EMM Connector?
The on-premises EMM Connector requires a virtual server infrastructure capable of deploying either a VMware VM or a Docker Container. The choice between these two is up to you based on your preferred virtual host system.
- VMware VM Image (maintained by Appthority)
- Docker Container (maintained by Appthority)
- Customer VM Image (EMM Connector can be installed into a customer-maintained VM Image assuming the VM operating system is Red Hat Enterprise Linux).
In the Help see Set Up the On-Premises EMM Connector.
How do I upgrade the EMM Connector?
If you are using the Cloud EMM Connector, it will be automatically updated to current version suitable for your integration. Consult with your CSM for details.
If you are using the EMM Connector on-premises, Appthority provides a configuration script for updating the connector image. Consult with your CSM for the upgrade instructions.
What API permissions in the EMM are required to enable integration?
Each EMM has specific API permissions that enable the integration. See the Help for details:
How do I find out what version of the EMM Connector is running?
Prerequisite: Your user account must have the Org Admin role to access this information.
- EMM Connector Cloud: The connector version displays in the MTP Manager Admin > EMM tab.
- EMM Connector On-Premises: The connector version displays in the MTP Manager Admin > EMM tab. Optionally, Admins who have permission to run the Appthority EMM Connector Configuration Script can use the command line and run option