ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Ways that an Endpoint Protection client can be left in "Authentication Pending" state in Enrollment Statistics.
Article ID: 172843
Endpoint Detection and Response
Advanced Threat Protection Platform
- One or more Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) clients are counted in the state "Authentication Pending" in the Enrollment Statistics for a SEP Manager.
- The property sheet of an individual SEP client through Entities or an Event or Incident might also show a SEP client with an Enrollment state of "Authentication Pending".
SEP clients leave the Authentication Pending state for Enrollment in the following ways
- When authentication succeeds, they are then counted as registered.
- When the SEP administrator deletes the SEP client manually within the SEPM that administers the client.
- If the client has not contacted the SEPM after the configured number of days and the SEPM deletes the client.