Following these steps will allow you to add the web site as a trusted destination in the Web Security Service (WSS) portal.
- Check the URL on Symantec Sitereview to see what it shows as the category.
- If the category incorrectly shows as 'Proxy Avoidance' and you want to access the site, add the URL as a 'Trusted Destination' in the WSS portal by going to Solutions -> Threat Protection -> Policy.
- Fill out the form on the Symantec Sitereview results page to have the site review team re-categorize the URL.
Solution 2 (if the URL does not show as 'Proxy Avoidance'):
- Perform a nslookup on the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) (i.e. www.google.com) of the web site to find the IP address of the site.
- Verify that the category of the IP address on Symantec Sitereview is showing as 'Proxy Avoidance'.
- In the WSS portal in Solutions -> Threat Protection -> Policy, add the IP address as a 'Trusted Destination'.
- Fill out the form on the Symantec Sitereview results page to have the site review team re-categorize the IP address.
Once you've added the site as a trusted destination within the portal, you should now be able to access the site via the URL.