Follow the Symantec Data Loss Prevention Maintenance Guide to perform a cold backup of Oracle first.
- See the "Performing a cold backup of the Oracle database on Windows or Linux" depending on your what system your Oracle database is installed.
Follow from the Maintenance Guide: Creating a new database on Windows or Linux
Steps to follow to fix production (prod) and test environments
- Turn off Vontu/Symantec DLP Services on the Prod environment Detection Servers
- Bring up Test database
- Start services on Test Enforce (Vontu services)
- Log into Enforce on Test
- Go to System > Servers and Detectors > Overview
- Delete all Prod Detection Servers in Test Enforce
- Leave Test up and running
- Turn Vontu/Symantec DLP services back on in Prod in the correct order. See below for which order to turn on first based on which version of DLP you are using.
- 15.0 and before (For 15.1 and later)
- Vontu Notifier (SymantecDLP Notifier)
- Vontu Manager (SymantecDLP Manager)
- Vontu Incident Persister (SymantecDLP Incident Persister)
- Vontu Monitor Controller (SymantecDLP Detection Server Controller)
- Vontu Update (No longer used)
- Vontu Monitor (SymantecDLP Detection Server) - (if present, depends on Single Tier or not)