ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Fingerprint reader stops working Small Business Edition for Cloud
Article ID: 172098
After installing the client for Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition Cloud (SEP SBE), the fingerprint reader will stop working on some laptops.
The policy for the USB Device Control doesn't update, and needs to be reapplied; or the USB Device Control is set to block affecting the fingerprint reader.
- Log in to your SEP SBE administrator console.
- Click Policies, then click Endpoint Protection under Services on the left-hand side.
- Click the Policy Name of the policy in effect on the affected devices with the nonworking fingerprint reader.
- Check to see if the USB Device Control is set to Allow or Block
If the USB Device Control is set to Allow:
- Change the drop-down to Block.
- Click Save & Apply at the bottom of the page. Then monitor to ensure the policy is applied to the affected device.
- After the policy has been applied, change USB Device Control back to Allow. Then click Save & Apply again.
If the USB Device Control is set to Block:
- Change the drop-down to Allow.
- Click Save & Apply.