Anomaly Detector when configured, will run a series of queries on each data source, such as NFA Harvesters, for each sensor that is enabled in Anomaly Detector every 15 minutes. These queries can sometimes take longer then expected. You can change the frequency in which Anomaly Detector will run its queries following the steps in this document.
How do I change the frequency in which Anomaly Detector runs queries against the Harvesters and other data sources?
1. On the Anomaly Detector server make a backup of the \CA\NFA\NQAD\BIN\NetQoSHunterTracker.exe.config file.
2. Edit the \CA\NFA\NQAD\BIN\NetQoSHunterTracker.exe.config file in Notepad.
3. Change the value for the line below to the desired time frame in minutes. The default is 15 minutes.
<add key="ad_time_interval" value="15"/>
For example to change this to 60 minutes you would change the line to:
<add key="ad_time_interval" value="60"/>
4. Save the file.
5. Restart the CA Mysql service which will restart the other AD services.
6. You can verify the polling interval by looking at the ADLog*.log files from the \CA\NFA\logs directory on the AD Server.
You will see a line like: "stateChange: AD finished this run in less than 15 minutes and will start the next run in 14 minutes."
The first number should match what you changed the value to.