ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Upgrading Security Analytics from a TAR file
Article ID: 171751
Instead of using the Upgrade Settings page on the web UI, the user may want to install the software upgrade from a TAR file.
Security Analytics 7.3.1 and later. Must have root access to the appliance and be able to transfer a file to the appliance using SCP or the equivalent.
- Obtain the TAR from Symantec Support or upgrade.soleranetworks.com/upgrades. The username and password are your license key.
- On the appliance log in as root.
- Go to the /ds/upgrade directory and delete any files that are there.
- Verify that the directory /home/apache/tmp/upgrade_iso.d exists and that it is empty. If it does not exist, create it.
- Transfer the TAR to /home using SCP or the equivalent.
- In /home run the upgrade script.
- When the script has successfully run, /home/apache/tmp/upgrade_iso.d should be empty, and you should see the following files and directory in /ds/upgrade: