The Symantec Web Security Service (WSS) is designed to block the types of websites that are a source of viruses, malicious content, and spyware (drive-by bots). The default and unalterable Content Filtering policy prevents access to malicious content websites. Default blocked categories are located in the following sub-groups:
No additional configuration is required. The WSS does enable you to designate trusted sources and the destinations that are never scanned for malware.
You can exempt:
To add traffic to Trusted Destinations:
1. Navigate to the WSS portal
2. Select Policy from the left-hand menu
3. Select Threat Protection
4. Select Trusted Destinations (part of the G2 rule)
5. Select traffic from the available list and select add OR Select "New" to define a new IP, domain, etc.
6. Click Save
7. Be sure to click "Activate Policy" to ensure that the changes are applied.
If desired, create a new policy in the Content Filtering Rules to restrict broad access to the site(s). The policy can be used to restrict the access to only certain users, groups or access method for specific sites listed under Trusted Destinations.