Before beginning, you must have:
Migrate Static Web Routes
Perform this procedure if you did not migrate the Web Security.Cloud static web route IP addresses during the Initial Configuration Wizard and want to now.
In the WSS portal, select Service mode > Account Maintenance > Web Security.cloud.
Click Import Web Routes.
Enter your Web Security.Cloud admin credentials and click Connect. WSS connects to your Security Web.Cloud account and displays the Import Locations page.
- From the Access Method drop-down list, select the web route method that is equivalent to what you had configured in Security Web.Cloud—Firewall/VPN (IPsec), Proxy Forwarding, Explicit Proxy.
- Select the Country and Time Zone for that Access Method Location. This helps Symantec assure that there is adequate processing resource in each geographic datacenter.
- The portal displays the Available Web Route IPs. Select the ones that you want to be associated with this Access Method and click Add to move them to the Import as Locations area. (The portal labels any IPs that are currently In Use by the service; these are not selectable.)
- If you are employing more than one static Access Method, repeat Steps c, d, and e.
The portal displays a confirmation dialog. If discrepancies are indicated, reconcile with you what you expected from your Security Web.Cloud account.
- Review the imported IP addresses on the Network > Locations page.
Migrate Web Use Policies
Perform this procedure if you did not use the WSS Initial Configuration Wizard to import Web Security.Cloud policies during the registration process.
- In the WSS portal, select Service mode > Account Maintenance > Web Security.cloud.
- Click Import Policy.
- The portal displays a credential challenge dialog.
- Enter your Web Security.Cloud admin credentials and click Connect. WSS connects to your Security Web.Cloud account, retrieves the policy rules and runs a compatibility analysis. The portal displays a result matrix.
- The WSS and Security Web.Cloud policies do not perfectly align. For example, the WSS does not support Quota-based policies. Based on the analysis, the portal displays any differentiation.
- At this time, you can elect to analyze the discrepancies offline and potentially adjust Security Web.Cloud policies before returning to complete the import. You can click Download Report to save a local HTML file of the matrix.
- If you elect to continue with the policy import and will adjust the policies after they have been imported to the WSS portal, click Import to continue.
- Click Import. The portal displays a progress bar as the import occurs.
- Upon import completion, the portal displays a results dialog.