Switch cloud Tenent to On Premise key store
Article ID: 171295
Information Centric Encryption
How to switch Information Centric Encryption (ICE) cloud Tenent to On Premise key store
- In the advanced settings go to the Symantec ICE console and select the gear for advanced settings. (see below screenshot)
- Select the Customer-managed On-Premise Key store (see above screenshot)
- A warning will appear that the change cannot be undone.
- Select Switchover.
NOTES: Be Aware the key store is unable to switch back to Cloud key store once changes take effect.
- The customer is unable to switch from on-premise to cloud by clicking the radio button
- Switching back must be performed by the DevOps team
- Switching back means losing access to documents encrypted with on-premise keys until customer enables on-premise mode and uses key stores that contain those keys.