Before activating the GitHub Securlet on your CloudSOC account:
- You must have Administrator privilege on your CloudSOC account.
- You must have Administrator privilege on your GitHub organization.
- You must have membership in your organization's Owners team at GitHub
- The email address you use as the username for the administrator login on your GitHub account must be exactly the same as the email address that you use as your CloudSOC username. Furthermore, this email address must be within the primary or secondary domains listed for your Elastica CloudSOC account. To confirm, login to CloudSOC, choose <username> > Settings > General , and check your domains. If necessary, contact Elastica technical support to add additional secondary domains.
Enabling the GitHub Securlet
This section describes how to enable the GitHub Securlet for a single GitHub account.
- Login to CloudSOC using your administrator credentials.
- Open the Elastica App Store by clicking Store on the left side navigation bar.
- In the Store, scroll down to the Securlets area and click See More . Then locate the tile for the GitHub Securlet.
- On the tile for GitHub, click Request Beta Access. CloudSOC sends an activation request to Elastica for the GitHub Securlet. CloudSOC disables (grays out) the tile while your activation request is pending. When Elastica approves the activation request, CloudSOC activates the tile and changes the button label to Activate. During weekday business hours Pacific time, activation usually takes a minute. Contact your Elastica representative if the activation takes unusually long.
- Click Activate . CloudSOC prompts you to provide your Organization Name at GitHub.
- Enter your organization name at GitHub and click Save.
- If you are not already logged in to your GitHub account, CloudSOC redirects you to the GitHub login page. Login to your GitHub Account. GitHub opens the Authorize Application window.
- Review permissions required by Elastica and click Grant Access for your organization. GitHub shows you a green check next to your organization name once you have granted access.
- Click Authorize Application . You are redirected back to the Elastica store page, where CloudSOC displays the green banner.
You have completed the Securlet setup for GitHub. CloudSOC starts scanning your GitHub resources.