Steps to create a new CloudSOC user or group:
- In the CloudSOC app, on the top bar click “Users > Users” or “Users > Groups” as applicable. CloudSOC opens the “Users & Groups” page to either the Users or the Groups tab.
- Near the upper right corner of the page, choose New > User or New > Group.
- On the “Add New User” or “Add New Group” panel, fill out the requested information.
- For a new group, you must enter at least the group name.
- For a new end-user, you must fill out at least:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email address
- For a new user with administrator privileges, you must also:
- Choose User Status of Admin
- Choose an access profile
- Also note:
- You can mark or clear the check box that designates a user as an active CloudSOC user.
- For a system administrator, you do not select an access profile. (system administrator already has all possible privileges, so access profiles are not necessary.)
- For Admins and Sysadmins, you can also mark or clear the check box for Security Contact. CloudSOC uses this information to contact someone at your company in the event of a security issue. We encourage you to designate one or more security contacts for your company.
- For end-users, you can mark or clear the Data Protection Officer check box that identifies with that status. For more information, see the Elastica Tech Note Managing CloudSOC User Privacy Features.
- At the top of the Add New User or Create Group panel, click either Create (for a new group) or Save (for a new user).
For further reference the tech note Administering CloudSOC Users and Groups is available in the CloudSOC app knowledge base under Administration.