- In a local computer follow this steps:
- Open a browser and access the following site https://list.bluecoat.com/bcwf/activity/download/bcwf.db
- Insert your credentials (*)
- Download the bcwf.db file in the local computer
(*) The username and password can be obtained by accessing the licensing portal with the SSLV's Serial Number.
Note: If you already have a Web Server that is reachable from the SSLV, go directly to step 3.
- For creating a local Web server we will download and install XAMPP:
- Access to https://www.apachefriends.org/download.html and download the xampp installer.
- Execute the .exe file and install XAMPP. In the XAMPP Control Panel we can start or stop the Apache Web server with the "Start/Stop" button. The default folder of this web server is C:\xampp\htdocs.
- Open C:\xampp2\htdocs and erase all the files leaving it empty.
- Copy the bcwf.db file to the web server's folder and restart the web service.
- Test that the web server is running correctly accessing the file. Let's say for example the ip of the local computer is 192.168.1.10. The test will be as follows:
- Open a browser on the local computer and access to http://192.168.1.10/bcwf.db
- Check the file is starting to download
- Check connectivity between this local computer and the SSL Visibility
- Load the Host Categorization List to the SSLV device:
- Access to the Web GUI form the SSLV
- Select the "Policies" Tab, then "Host Categorization List"
- Under "Host Categorization Database Providers" select "Bluecoat"
- Under "Host Categorization Database Settings" select edit
- Change URL to http://192.168.1.10/bcwf.db (change 192.168.1.10 to the IP of the Web Server). Be sure there are no Username and Password set.
- Under "Host Categorization Status" start the download.
If all the steps were followed correctly, you should start seeing the download percentage at the SSLV.