You want to create a new Symantec Endpoint Protection SEP14.x environment and migrate all existing clients to it as easily as possible, but you need to keep your existing production SEP 12.x environment functioning for various reasons.
The goals of the SEP upgrade in this document are listed below:
• Duplicate the existing production SEPM configurations in the upgraded 14.x SEPM environment.
• Certificates are automatically transferred to the 14.x SEPM.
• Existing Sylink.xml files are automatically updated across both environments to include the SEP14.x SEPM information.
• Duplicate all the policies of the existing production 12.x SEPM production environment in the upgraded 14.x SEPM environment, without having to recreate them manually.
• Migrate SEP clients seamlessly from the existing production 12.x SEPMs to the upgraded 14.x SEPM environment in a controlled process.
• The new upgraded 14.x SEP environment will be completely separate from the existing production environment when the entire upgrade process is complete.
• The previous existing production SEP 12.x environment will still exist and be able to manage SEP client versions not compatible with the SEP14.x environment.