The solution for all of these reasons (and most any other reason) is to follow the following steps in order.
- Verify that the computer is not part of any of the discovery methods:
- Active Directory (AD) Organizational Unit (OU) that is being imported under:
Actions > Discover > Import Microsoft Active Directory.
- Domain Memership/ or WINS under:
Actions > Discover > Import Domain Membership/WINS
- Network Device scan under:
Actions > Discover > Network Devices
- Verify the computer in not specifically named (by name or IP address) in the Scheduled Agent Push Policy.
Actions > Agents/Plug-ins > Push Symantec Management Agent
> Scheduled Push to Computers Policy.
- Uninstall the SMA from the computer either manually at the computer or through the SMA Uninstall Policy in the console.
- Settings > Agent and Plug-ins > All Agents and Plug-Ins > Symantec Management Agent
- Then under the correct Operating system Windows or Unix/Linux/Mac
- Verify the agent is uninstalled from the computer.
- Delete the computer from the console.
NOTE: Timing and order of steps is critical. If a computer is deleted from the console before the SMA is fully uninstalled from the computer, there is a good possibility that the SMA will check in with the SMP before being uninstalled, and this will recreate the record on the SMP.