To upload ProxySG logs over FTPS:
- Install FileZilla Server edition. Launch FileZilla server interface and click Users.
- Click Add Users and enter a username.
- On General, select Password and enter password for the created username.
- On Shared folders, select the created username and click Add Shared Folders. Browse to a local directory (for example, D:\).
- Click Set as home dir and check both Read, Write.
- On FileZilla server interface, go to Edit > Settings.
- From FileZilla Server Options > FTP over TLS settings, select Enable FTP over TLS support (FTPS). Click Generate new certificate.
- Select 1024 or 2048 bit for Key size. Complete all information and save the certificate to a local directory such as D:\ftp. Make sure that the Common Name of this certificate corresponds to the IP address of the FTP server. To use a hostname or FQDN, make sure that it is resolvable by DNS from your ProxySG appliance.
- Click Generate certificate, which prompts a message: Certificate generated successfully.
- From FileZilla Server Options > SSL/TLS settings, the Private key file and Certificate file are navigated to certificate directory.
- Access to certificate directory on server (for example, D:\ftp). Locate the generated certificate certificate.crt.
- Open certificate.crt using Notepad and locate the following sections:
-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
Copy everything from -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- to -----END CERTIFICATE-----.
- Log in to the ProxySG appliance Management Console and select Configuration > SSL > CA Certificates > CA Certificates > Import. Enter a name and paste the content into CA Certificate PEM section. Click OK.
- Click View and verify the Subject and Issuer of the imported certificate.
- For SGOS 5.4 and later, add the newly added FTPS Server Certificate into the browser-trusted CA Certificates Lists:
Configuration > SSL > CA Certificates > CA Certificates Lists > browser-trusted > Edit; the newly added Cert is on the left. Click Add >>.
- Select Configuration > Access Logging > Logs > Upload Client > FTP Client > Settings.
- Enter the FTPS server information. Sample:
Path: Username: root
Change primary Password: *********
Check “Use secure connection (SSL)”
Check “Use PASV”
- Click Test upload.
- Verify by checking the event logs on the proxy and also the FileZilla Server logging.