Point-fix resolved problem of incorrectly reported OS version for Windows 8.1 / 10, when basic inventory is collecting using Inventory Stand-alone package (OS version always reports 6.2.9200 instead of 6.3.*/10.0.* for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 correspondingly)
HOW TO INSTALL THIS POINTFIX
1. Retrieve files from the archive to the NS hard drive.
2. Run as administrator “PFInstaller.exe”, click "Install Files" button.
3. Create standalone package at Settings > Discovery and Inventory > Inventory Solution > Stand-alone Inventory Packages:
- To keep settings, select existing standalone package, click ‘Clone package’ and define name of new package
- Create new standalone package with new settings
4. Created standalone package contains fix - use it.
Pointfix files only apply to 8.1 RU3. Fix should also be in 8.1 RU5 when released