To work around this issue, remove content from your configured Downloads and TempDownloads directories.
- Clear the Download directory through the Manage Updates section of LUA.
Select all content and click Delete.
- Manually clean the TempDownload directory. Go to C:\TempDownload\Downloads, and delete everything from this folder.
- Restart LUA Services.
- Let the Download Schedules run again to re-populate the content you removed.
Distribution should now be successful.
If you run into problems deleting content from the 'Manage Updates' section, follow these steps:
- Using the Configure > Preference page, modify the Temporary Directory and Download Directory values to point to a temporarily created directory.
This should move some of the files to the newly pointed directories.
- Check to see if both the old Temp and Download directories are deleted. If not, then manually delete all of the files and folders inside them.
- Change the Temporary Directory and Download Directory values back to their defaults.
- Run a new Download and Distribution.
Alternatively, you can run the LUA Content Reset tool to purge LUA content. See Purging content from the LiveUpdate Administrator database