What Powerpacks were removed from the CA APM installer after 10.3 release?
When trying to enable Webservices monitoring with CA Application Performance Management release 10.5.1.8 HF#50 for a Java application which makes calls to ESB, we are not able to find the the SOAcxtensionForWPSandWESB directory under EM_HOME/examples path to copy the jar files to enable SOA monitoring.
CA Application Performance Management 10.3.
Six Powerpacks have been removed from the CA Application Performance Management installer after 10.3 release:
1. WebSphere Powerpack Management Module
2. WebLogic Powerpack
3. WebSphere Process Server/ESB Powerpack
4. WebLogic Portal Powerpack
5. WebSphere Portal Powerpack
6. SiteMinder Powerpack
There are various reasons these PowerPacks were removed:
- The features have got into standard monitoring,
- The features were not seen as not a focus area.