Recommendations for data evaluation
Following are the recommendations for data evaluation:
- If you have more than 5000 assets, Symantec recommends to deploy a separate CCS Manager in evaluator role.
- Symantec recommends to deploy an additional CCS Manager in evaluator role, for every 10000 assets.
- Deployment of every additional CCS Manager of same configuration in evaluator role, increases the performance of data evaluation by 30 %.
User Privileges for deploying the CCS Data Evaluator role
What are the required User privileges for a CCS Manager to add the data evaluator role?
You must have all the following user privileges for the service:
- Logon locally for the service account of the Application Server on the CCS Manager computer
Modifying the CCS Manager page file size
To improve the CCS Manager memory usage during high loads, Symantec recommends to increase the page file size of the computer that hosts the CCS Manager.
To modify the CCS Manager page file size
- In the Control Panel, double-click the System icon.
- Performing this step only if you are modifying the page file size on Windows Server 2008.
Click Change settings.
- In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
- Under Performance, click Settings.
- In the Performance Options dialog box, click the Advanced tab, and under Virtual memory, click Change.
- In the Virtual Memory dialog box, select a drive to store the paging file, and click Custom size.
- If you have configured the CCS Manager to synchronize the reporting database, set the Initial size (MB) to 40960 MB, and Maximum size (MB) to 51200 MB.
If your CCS Manager is in the load balancer, evaluator or external data collector role, set the Initial size (MB) to 12288 MB, and Maximum size (MB) to 20480 MB.
- Click Set and then click OK.
- Restart the CCS Manager computer.